Adaptive Recognition (formerly known as ARH) develops, manufactures, and distributes highly reliable intelligent software and imaging devices.
Our products are system components in the vehicle access, traffic, and transportation management, and ID security sectors.
As such, our clients are mainly system integrators who develop innovative solutions for their partners by incorporating Adaptive Recognition’s state-of-the-art technology. Learn more →
Our Product Lines
All of our products are related to image analytics and OCR (optical character recognition):
- Vehicle license plate and industrial code recognition software
- Recognition cameras
- Speed enforcement devices
- ID document scanner devices and OCR verification software
- customer focus
- openness to new challenges
- state-of-the-art technology
- continuous improvement and innovation
Research & Development
Adaptive Recognition is proud to emphasize its 100% in-house know-how and its focus on Research & Development.
- 60% of employees work in R&D
- our software recognizes 33,000+ known plate types
- 200+ new recognition engines are released yearly
- Millions of images are used for OCR development
The company manufactures hardware, including cameras, scanners, and all necessary electronic components.
- Own manufacturing with PCB planting, automated part supply
- More than 30 million electronic components are used yearly
- ISO9001 & ISO14001-compliant production
- Robotized assembly
Our Global Footprint
With 300+ employees in our headquarters in Europe, plus 4 offices and 30+ representative partners worldwide, Adaptive Recognition is a global technology supplier.
Adaptive Recognition technology is present in every country in the world in 100,000 ANPR systems and 60,000 ID reader systems.
Our milestones define our history – and our commitment today defines our future milestones.
- 1991 – The foundation of ARH.
- 1992 – Releasing our first license plate recognition software (known today as Carmen®).
- 1994 – Celebrating some breakthrough projects which propelled ARH into a market-leading position, including the access control system at Budapest Airport Cargo.
- 1996 – First foreign projects. The ARH brand becomes internationally recognized.
- 1998 – First purpose-built ANPR cameras manufactured, using our in-house designed hardware parts.
- 2000 – First identity document reader devices manufactured.
- 2003 – Introducing FaceIdent, our face recognition solution later integrated into our passport reader software for verifying face portraits of identity documents.
- 2005 – Introducing our first software for container code recognition.
- 2006 – Introducing our first passport reader with RFID chip reading capability. In the meantime, our scanners read and verify more and more identity documents globally.
- 2011 – Creating our first end-user solution: the LetUGo parking system (later redesigned as ParkIT System). Introducing the Combo Scan and Combo Smart ID scanner product lines, the first scanner series optimized for the commercial sector’s requirements.
- 2013 – Introducing our traffic database solution (GDS) and our multi-lane traffic monitoring endpoint (TrafficSpot). Implementing the Hungarian nationwide toll control system (HU-GO) and opening our first office abroad (in Florida, USA).
- 2015 – Adding CCTV product line to our portfolio and completing the Hungarian road traffic security system (VÉDA)
- 2017 – Upgrading the HU-GO project with the world’s most extensive weigh-in-motion system
- 2018 – Beginning to build our worldwide representative partner network
- 2019 – Launching the test system of our brand-new robotized manufacturing. Watch the video →
- 2020 – The ARH brand becomes Adaptive Recognition. Launching ANPR Cloud, the cloud-based version of the Carmen® plate recognition software. Introducing the Osmond Passport Reader and ID Scanner to the market.
- 2021 – Going to market with two innovative ANPR cameras: Einar for parking access control and Vidar for all types of traffic monitoring. The latter features a built-in laser trigger technology, which is unique on the market.
- 2022 – Three new members are added to the Vidar camera family: Vidar Side Scanner for Axle Counting, Vidar PAX for passenger counting, and Vidar Container for container code reading. Introducing the AutoFill software to facilitate automatized data entry. Also introducing Carmen® Box and Carmen® Nano, the NVIDIA® JetsonTM platform-based versions of our ANPR intelligence.