Quick Project Facts
- Location: Tunel de Oriente, Colombia between Medellín and José María Córdova
- Products: FreewayCAM license plate recognition camera, Carmen® ANPR Image license plate recognition software
- Year of installation: 2019
- Application areas: automated toll control and traffic monitoring
- Adaptive Recognition partner: Deviteck
In Colombia, a new traffic route makes citizens’ lives easier to travel from the town of Medellín to the José María Córdova International Airport. Earlier, this route took one hour, while now it is only 18 minutes thanks to two brand new tunnels and a bridge.
The length of the tunnels is more than 8,6 kilometers (5.34 mi.) in total which makes it the longest tunnel way in whole Latin-America.
All traffic, coming through this route is controlled, for tolling and security purposes. The project includes two intelligent gates equipped with security systems and professional license plate recognition cameras. All vehicles are tracked and verified based on their license plate.
Adaptive Recognition automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras automatically detect approaching vehicles and capture their license plates independently of light and weather conditions. Thanks to the highly reliable technology, the system is providing 24/7 constant operation.
Watch our project video:
Tunel de Oriente Tunnels Project Products
This project includes the following products:
- FreewayCAM ANPR camera (discontinued – succeeded by the Vidar high-speed traffic monitoring camera with ANPR)
- Carmen® ANPR Image license plate recognition API
To learn more about Adaptive Recognition and how it gave a helping hand in similar projects, subscribe to our newsletter or check out our dedicated case studies page.