As the most widely used biometric verification modality, fingerprint scanning offers highly reliable personal verification from ID issuance to high security access control and also border control applications.
AFS 510 is a perfect component in such systems, with its 10-print enrollment capability, including flat and rolled acquisition methods. This is an FBI-certified device (compliant with FBI IAFIS IQS Appendix F) providing forensic quality enrollment, with a list of smart features like auto capture, auto segmentation, sequence check and built-in NIST quality check. AFS 510 comes with a detailed SDK package that ensures easy integration into any IT environment.
Full 10-print acquisition
The device uses a 4+4+2 fingerprint enrollment - this sequence is programmable according to user preferences.
To meet governmental quality requirements, real-time NFIQ quality control and NIST WSQ output formats are included.
Illuminated pictograms guide the user during the enrollment procedure.
This enrollment device is made for long-term, protected by a strong metal case.
SDK for integration
The scanner comes with a BioApi compliant SDK supporting various programming languages.
AFS-510 is amongst those selected models the FBI officially acknowledges (compliant with FBI IAFIS IQS Appendix F).
Smart features for perfect acquisition
AFS 510 does not simply scan fingerprints – it applies several smart features to ensure that the quality and overall performance of fingerprint acquisition is maximal. Some of these are:
- Auto capture: in idle mode, the scanner automatically starts enrollment when the fingers are placed on the unit.
- Sequence check: the software identifies which fingers are captured and requires re-scanning if the order is not correct.
- Auto segmentation: as multiple fingers are scanned simultaneously, the system automatically segments the prints and saved the cropped images.
- Live scanning: the device does not just take a snapshot of fingerprints but keeps scanning them in live mode until the gathered image reaches the predefined quality level.
- Image quality check: the built-in quality check module makes sure that only those prints are accepted that comply with the user-defined quality value.